Are you new to the school? Do you want to help and have lots of fun? One of the ways is through our POTS group! We liaise closely with the school to see what assistance (financial and social) we can provide for the school. Some examples are - discos, scholastic books and calendar art.
We assist the school through fundraising for items like:
- Reading books
- Junior Playground
- Classroom Resources
- Positive incentives for great behaviour and academic success
Like you, we believe that education is a partnership between home and school and we welcome you to join us. No offer of help is too small!
For more information, contact:
Chairperson: Dannae Baker 021 169 9992
Treasurer: Amy Airey 021 338 087
Secretary: Shereen Booysen 021 163 6346
WHAT WE DO...
- Run the School Canteen – from menu choice, to staffing.
- Scholastics Book Orders – organise and collate the orders. The more we order, the more money the Library receives to purchase new resources.
- In-house School Events – sausage sizzles, iceblock sales and help the teachers out where we can.
- Discos – we run 2 school-wide discos per year. We create the whole event - from making a playlist, to organising snacks and supervising the children.
- House T-shirts – source and sell.
- Annual Comedy Night – entertainment for the community as well as a profitable fundraiser for the school each year. Local business sponsorship.
- Stationery Distribution – help get the kids stationery ordered, named and to the right class.
- Oxford Pies – sales, ordering and distribution.
- Annual Raffle – distributing/collation of tickets, prize purchasing, local business sponsorship.
- Ad Hoc Community Focused Fundraiser – eg: Lego Brick Show.
- King Seeds – sales, collation and distribution.
- Annual Kids Artwork – kids and teachers work together to produce art work for tea towels, calendars and more – great Christmas pressies for the relatives and a great fundraiser for the school.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- Join our Committee!
- Like and follow our POTS Facebook page – this lets you know what exciting events/fundraisers are coming up.
- Like and follow our ‘POTS Peeps’ Facebook group – lets you know how you can help without having to commit to attending monthly committee meetings.
- Be prepared to give up some time – doesn’t have to be much, but every little helps, many hands make light work etc.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- It’s good for your child/grandchild/rangatahi. When parents and caregivers are involved at school, their children do better.
- It’s important to the school. Being part of the wider school community helps to improve the education of all it’s students.
- You’ll get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s going on at our school.
- You’ll be part of a network. Every POTS function is an opportunity to meet other like-minded people.
- You’ll be there. Being in POTS keeps you involved in your child’s schooling without feeling like you’re intruding, plus you’re a great role model.
- You’ll help raise necessary funds. POTS raises funds to provide more educational services for children. Fundraisers are essential to improving the quality of the school overall, and parent groups make them possible. With all of the budget cuts, schools are becoming more and more dependent on parent groups.
- It’s flexible. There are a variety of small ways parents can help and be involved in POTS depending on your availability.
- It’s for every parent/caregiver/whanau member. Your voice and ideas are welcome and greatly appreciated!